Significance Training is a training package developed for institutions and individuals to understand and apply the concept of significance in a range of museum contexts.
The package contains a set of modules and resources that can be used by collecting institutions, trainers and learners to understand and apply the concept of significance in a range of museum contexts.These modules will also help users to understand and fully utilise the document Significance: a guide to assessing the significance of cultural heritage objects and collections.
Users of this training should keep the guide Significance on hand as references are made to it throughout these modules.Page numbers indicate the location of the section in the Guide.
Who is this training for?
- Anyone working with collections: registrars, curators, conservators, educators and exhibition and public program designers (ref p13)
- Training providers in the museum sector, eg museum development officers and advisers, outreach and regional services, museum and heritage educators
- Volunteers working in small community museums and historical societies especially in remote and regional areas
- Larger museums that carry out inhouse training
What does this training do?
This set of modules is designed to:
- Support trainers and educators in the museum sector to use the concept of significance in their work
- Encourage the implementation of significance assessment in a wide variety of museum processes
- Support face-to-face and self facilitated training
As part of our committment to supporting artists and developing our community, we feature regular exhibitions throughout the year.
Our Main Gallery provides an intimate contemporary space presenting...