Albany Co-operative Store Museum
Two storey building of stone, constructed in 1870 by the Peninsular and Oriental Steamship Navigation Company as a Cooperative Society Store for their goods, employees and families. From circa 1885 the building had a variety of uses - as a printery, soft drink factory, lodging house, apartments, and railway employees barracks (1973-1991). Extra rooms and a verandah were added circa 1935. It is currently leased to Albany Historical Society and used as a storage museum for the artefacts, visual art and photography not on display. Accessioning, conservation of artefacts, preparation for displays are done here. PLEASE NOTE: The administration for the Society is located at the Albany Convict Gaol contact the secretary on 08 9841-5403
Accessioned photographs number 8,000. Accessioned artworks number 500. There are some 7,000 artifacts of all types.