Cairns Maritime Museum

The Cairns Maritime Museum (previously called the Maritime Archaeological Association of Far North Queensland) was established in 1987 in conjunction with Ben Cropp's Shipwreck Museum, Port Douglas. In 2000 the museum was relocated to Cairns and for a period of time was on display at Pier Marketplace Centre. Due to recent redevelopment of this facility, CMM is negotiating new premises for our worthy collection.

Collections

A vast array of items collected from the seabed between Townsville and the Torres Strait, including indigenous and islander artifacts, relics of early explorers and those early seafarers and settlers of Far North Queensland. CMM collection also contains many items of our world famous pearling industry, including the restoration of "Floria" a 1914 pearling lugger plus the last remaining original Hayles Green Island glass bottom boat almost fully restored by CMM volunteers.